Join Eco Endowment Solutions for our informational session at this year’s National Mitigation and Ecosystem Banking Conference (NMEBC) – you don’t want to miss it! Hosted by EES Principal Mark Laska, Ph.D., Travis Hemmen of Westervelt Ecological Services, and Steven Carter of the North American Land Trust, this session will discuss leveraging capital to finance long-term conservation management through endowments. Other topics include investment and fiduciary requirements, identifying regulatory priorities, and more. Questions we will address are:
1) What is the role of regulators in approval of endowments?
2) Who can and should manage the money?
3) What happens if the endowment does not generate enough capital – are mitigation bankers still on the hook or is it the land trust’s problem now?
4) How does inflation affect endowment investing?
5) What are the federal guidelines?
6) How long is in-perpetuity really?